National Black MBA Association Inc.
About the Organization:
The National Black MBA Association® (NBMBAA) was founded in 1970 at a two-day conference held at the University of Chicago, by a group of African American MBA students, faculty, advisors, and businessmen. The purposes of the Association are:
• The encouragement of career independence for African American business professionals;
• The promotion of African American intellectual and economic wealth and empowerment, and;
• The professional advancement of African American business professionals.
The Association has awarded over $5 million dollars in scholarships to minority students participating in both undergraduate and graduate programs around the world. Today, the membership is over 9,000 and the Association has expanded its outreach to include 46 chapters and 28 collegiate chapters.
- Improve member engagement and data collection
- Build a custom membership system
- Build a Scholarship Application System
- Build Event Registration System.
- Implement an online donation system
How we helped:
The NBMBAA is a huge organization with over 9000 members. We built a custom membership system that enables the NBMBAA to engage its constituents by providing access to jobs, scholarship applications, and member benefits. On the administration side, we built separate portals for the national HQ and its chapters for efficient management of member relationships. In our multi-level engagement with the NBMBAA, K2ICE consulted on many systems with a focus on growing membership and improving connectivity.
Technologies utilized: MS SQL Server, Asp.net, C#, VB.net, Web Services, JQuery, and others
Over the last two years of engagement, the NBMBAA has been growing its membership base at a 20% rate, considerably increased their member engagement, and has seen a substantial decrease in members’ support requests.